This recipe for easy, homemade pizza dough is brought to you by none other than my sweet and sassy sister-in-law, Sydney.
Sydney “officially” joined our family back in the summer of 2015, but has been a part of the Heerten clan since the very beginning!
And since Syd has joined the family, we also have had the addition of little miss Irelyn Ivy. A spitting image of her mama! It’s been so fun for this auntie to watch her grow into the spunky, sweet little girl she is!
But biased aunt aside… Back to pizza dough!
The pizza dough recipe comes from Sydney’s very own handwritten collection of family recipes from her mom, grandmas, and extended family.
There’s been many times that she’s thrown this quick dough recipe together for homemade pizza, pizza bites, or even cinnamon rolls (Yes, it’s a versatile dough!) all while never breaking stride from a story or asking how your day was!
Syd’s been a true blessing to our family and it makes me very proud to be able to share this easy, versatile pizza dough recipe to you!
If I’m making homemade pizza, I like to add in 1/2 – 1 tsp of both Italian seasoning or garlic powder to the dough. To me it gives a little more savory “pizza kick”!
Looking for a pizza recipe for this week? Check out this recipe for Grilled BBQ Pizza!
DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING?
-The Farmer’s Wife-
Syd’s Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsp quick rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Let sit until frothy.
- Combine yeast mixture, sugar, salt, and oil together.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time. Mixing well until combined.
- Mix in flour until dough is stiff. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough in half, and roll to desired pizza size.
- When ready, bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, unless other recipes dictate other baking directions.