With Mother’s Day still fresh in everyone’s mind, try out this Quick Fruit Cobbler to surprise that special mom in your life!
This recipe has been passed down through the years from my Grandma Renner, my mom’s mom.
So, naturally, it seemed fitting to pass this recipe on to you!
Growing up, my mom remembers Grandma making this recipe many times.
As well as mom making it for us kids when I was little!
Most often when she made it, Grandma would use some of her home canned peaches. Or better yet…fresh sliced peaches!
But if in a pinch, a can of cherry pie filling!
With incredibly easy preparation and simple ingredients, this quick fruit cobbler can be created in minutes!
Keep in mind, you can use whatever fresh, frozen, or even canned fruit fillings in this recipe!
Just remember, if using unsweetend fruit that you’ll need to add 3/4-1 cup of granulated sugar (or sweetened to taste).
DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING?
Quick Fruit Cobbler
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 2-3 cup fruit, undrained with juice
- ¾-1 cup additional granulated sugar (if fruit is unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° if using a glass pan)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and milk until batter is smooth
- Pour batter over melted butter
- Pour sweetened fruit (and fruit juice) over batter. If fruit is unsweetened, add ¾-1 cup sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour (or 325° for 45 minutes if using a glass pan) or until edges begin to brown
- Serve with ice cream, cream, or whipped cream