White rice and vegetables cooked in chicken broth with plenty of spices and a touch of cream, come together in this easy rice pilaf recipe!
I cannot stress enough how EASY this recipe is! And how much you will surprise your family and friends with a flavor packed side dish!
The Components: Chicken Broth
By boiling the rice and the vegetables in the chicken broth, the rice soaks up the flavor of the broth.
When it comes to broth of any kind, I rarely buy the pre-mixed broth. Usually I’m in a rush and just use a granulated chicken or beef broth and mix it into warm water.
Check out the link below to see what I use to save time and money by substituting store bought chicken broth!
Personally, I think this substitute provides the same amount flavor at a cheaper cost. And less time getting groceries!!
The Components: Rice
If you’re really looking to make this recipe easy or are crunched for time, definitely take advantage of Minute Rice.
With a cook time of about 5 minutes, Minute Rice really cuts down on extra cooking time!
Besides just adding chicken broth to the rice pilaf, I also like to add a few veggies in too.
Usually I just add in whatever veggies I might have on hand (in this case green pepper and onion) or if the veggies will go with the main entree.
Quick Tips and Tricks
One little trick I added to this dish was the addition of a little cream at the end of the cook time. This really made the pilaf creamy and added a new flavor dimension to this easy side dish.
The main takeaway from this recipe…this is an incredibly FLEXIBLE dish. You can change it or add to it and still retain the same qualities of the traditional rice pilaf!
Don’t be afraid to make it your own!
If you’re looking for a good entree to pair with this tasty, easy rice pilaf be sure to check out my recipe for Baked Fish Fillets!
Drop me a comment on your own take of making easy rice pilaf!
DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING?
-The Farmer’s Wife-
Easy Rice Pilaf
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ green pepper, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Minute rice Or regular white rice
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup Half-N-Half cream Or milk
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat
- Add diced green pepper, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute until vegetables are softened
- Stir in 2 ¼ cups chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Once boiling, decrease heat to low and add 2 cups of Minute rice
- Let rice stand until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in Half-N-Half and lemon juice at this point
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!